Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Stitch Fix #10 - September 2015

I received a very exciting message from a friend last week who received her first fix.  She had signed up for the service in March and filled out her style profile, but it took her a little while to actually schedule her first fix.  She was THRILLED with what her stylist had sent her and she was keeping the entire box.  It was only a message on Facebook, but I felt like I could literally see the exciting jumping off the post.  

That's what Stitch Fix is like for me.  It's a feeling like, "Wow.  This was created for me and it WORKS!"  I believe in this service and I love it.  That's why I take the time to take pictures of myself and write a little bit about what I receive - it's because of the reaction that my friends have had when they open their first box.  

For those of you who found me from a Pinterest post and might not have heard of Stitch Fix, it's a personal styling program that's takes your input to create a style profile for $20 each time you want a "fix".  I currently have mine set up for every 2 to 3 weeks, but I typically have it set up monthly just because of my budget.  I just adjusted it because I am so excited for new fall items in my closet, and changing the frequency of your fixes is so easy!  If you keep one or more items then the $20 fee is subtracted from the balance due. As a bonus, if you buy all five items they send you, they give you a 25% discount which can be pretty great if you love everything they send!!  




Ok.  So, now for the good stuff.  Here's what was hiding for me in my tenth box from Stitch Fix:

1) 41HAWTHORN Moni Abstract Chevron Stud Detail Blouse ($58)
2) PAPERMOON Locust Embroidery Detail Blouse ($48)
3) 41HAWTHORN Carla Crochet Detail Blouse ($58)
4) 41HAWTHORN Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan ($48)
5) OCTAVIA Adora Stud Border Tote ($68)



41 HAWTHORN Moni Abstract Chevron Stud Detail Blouse ($58)




(Front)


(Back)

I loved the shape and pattern of this blouse, I just wasn't sold on the studs.  I mean I LOVE studs (see amazing studded bag below), I just wasn't sure about this many studs on the shirt.  I have seen many women looking gorgeous in this blouse on Pinterest, so I know it is a flattering top, but just not perfect enough for me to keep.

Verdict: GOING BACK

PAPERMOON Locust Embroidery Detail Blouse ($48)








The embroidered detail on this blouse is so beautiful and so is the color!  Honestly, the sleeves were a bit sheer while the bodice was not and that was the main reason I wasn't sold on it.  I couldn't afford to keep everything from this fix, and there were just other items I was in LOVE with, so I decided to return this top.

Verdict: GOING BACK




41 HAWTHORN Carla Crochet Detail Blouse ($58)

(Front)

(Back)

(Crochet Detail)

I love this top.  It has a fitted shape through the shoulders and bodice but hangs perfectly with jeans!  I don't have anything this color and I am predicting it will pair nicely with my mustard cardigan!  It definitely helps when I can instantly envision a piece fitting into my closet and 'playing nicely' with things I already have!


Verdict: GET IN MY CLOSET

41 HAWTHORN Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan ($48)


For some reason I have recently found myself with a shortage of cardigans, so this little beauty arrived at the perfect time!  The length is great to pair with skinny jeans and it hangs a little lower in the front for an asymmetrical look that I love.  It is very soft and feels high quality! 

Verdict: GET IN MY CLOSET


OCTAVIA Adora Stud Border Tote ($68)




I have been searching for the perfect fall tote and haven't had any luck so far (see previous post).  So, I asked my stylist for some assistance.  And she delivered.  I LOVE it.  The studded detail is so unique and the COLOR...wow.  It's perfect for fall.  When I provided feedback after my last fix, I told her I wanted to ensure my tote had a top closure, and this one has a magnetic snap.  Oh, I almost forgot, it has an optional crossbody strap!  A girl needs her options.

Verdict: GET IN MY CLOSET

SEPTEMBER 2015 FIX #2 = 3 new 'pretties' in my closet.

If you are interested in trying Stitch Fix, click the picture below to get started.  She looks happy, and you will be too!









No comments:

Post a Comment