Monday, September 21, 2015

Mission #1: New Fall Tote Bag

When I become fixated on a certain item that I want, I seem to do excessive research on this item before purchasing it.  I wasn't like this in my 20's.  My 20's was like this:

See it.  Buy it.

I don't miss my 20's, but I have to say that part was kinda fun.

Now, in my 30's (the later kind of 30's) I have this thing called a shopping budget. With kids, and a mortgage and those kind of things, I have carved out a small monthly shopping budget, so in order to make it stretch I need to ensure I am really adding only quality items that I REALLY love to my closet.  Welcome to boring and responsible.

This fall, all over Instagram and Pinterest I have been eyeing the cutest fall tote bags.  I have a Frye Shoulder Bucket bag right now that I love, but I have been getting the itch to try a tote bag.

I use Stitch Fix (if you aren't familar with Stitch Fix see the 'get started' box at the bottom of this post) and I requested a tote in my note to my stylist for Fix #9.  It was the Street Level Parvin Reversible Tote.



I loved the fact that it was reversible, and it was a great size as well but I didn't love how it was just open on top, and I was hoping to find one with some sort of closure (magnetic or snap).




I started doing a little more research on and found these other totes that had a lot of the features I was looking for:


Urban Expressions Delaynie Tote Bag ($59.95):  The color and the braiding are gorgeous on this tote.  Truthfully, I don't see anything I don't like about this bag at first glance.  This is one I have seen a lot of ladies requesting on Pinterest for their Stitch Fix Stylist notes, so I am going to seriously consider this style in the future.


Pieces Premium Naysa Leather Shopper ($96):  Although I couldn't really see myself purchasing a tote with such small straps (just in case I needed to throw it on my shoulder), I had to add it because of the color.  So gorgeous.  I love the stitching as well.  Maybe I will use this bag for color inspiration!




Emperia Side Zip Faux Leather Tote ($54):  This is such a cute tote bag.  For the price I think it is one of the cuter ones I have seen this fall.  However, this bag is unlined and I am wondering if I would like that as I am typically used to having a zipper pocket inside the lining for keys and other items I want to store safely.

Street Level Reversible Faux Leather Tote & Wristlet ($48):  What a great color for fall!  This similar to the one I received in my fix, however it has a snap option in the center which I like.  Plus, it comes with a wristlet that is an added bonus!

Morris Braided Tote ($48)  (Per Request from a Stitch Fix Stylist):  I love the crossbody strap option.  Since I have little hands to hold onto in parking lots and at the grocery store, I am pretty sure I am making this optional strap a MUST in my search for a new tote.

So, after all my research, I can assure you there is no shortages of cute, colorful totes out there for fall.  Now, if I could just decide on one I could move on to other items I need- like a winter coat. Yeah, that's pretty important in New England.  

The good news is that my Stitch Fix stylist is well aware of my tote obsession AND my budget, so we will see if Fix #10 surprises me with the perfect bag!

If you have a tote you think I would love, let me know - I need all the help I can get.

Happy Shopping!!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete